Hi all, welcome to my blog. Hope you all are doing well in this festive season. Since this festive season is going on and Deepavali is around the corner, I want to share four art and craft ideas for Diwali decoration with you.
So lets start with the first DIY.
DIY-1 : Candle holder decoration
This is the first of four art and craft ideas.
Decorated candle holders can give your living space an instant makeover and it will increase the brightness of the space. Its the easiest décor idea.
So let me tell you the materials I have used to decorate the candle holders.
- Glass candle holders
- Empty glass container
- Lace of various types
- Apply Glue around the candle holders and glass jars.
- Now wrap the lace over the jars.
- And here you go, your decorated candle holders ready to glow.
Isn’t it an easiest craft?? Here are pictures.
DIY-2 : Treasure from trash- Planter
Treasure from trash or best out of waste is the best way to reduce carbon footprint. Here I’ll describe you how to convert a plastic container into a vibrant planter.
So below are the list of materials.
- Plastic container
- Golden spray paint
- Zari lace
- Any plant of your choice
- Clean the container so that there is no dust particles.
- Then place the container on a news paper and spray the paint all over it.
- Leave it for 24hrs so the it the paint will dry completely.
- After that apply glue at the top and bottom part of the container.
- Now wrap the zari lace over the glue.
- And here your planter is ready.
- Now you can plant your favorite plant in it. I have planted a neon money plant 🌱
Believe me it will look like a real metallic planter. So in this festive season its a great idea to décor your space with this planter.
DIY-3 : Earthen diya decoration
This is the third art and craft idea for Diwali decoration.
Earthen diya is the purest and most beautiful way of lighting. Its our tradition also to decorate our home with earthen diyas during Deepavali.
I have decorated some earthen diyas in a very simple way.
So here are the materials you need.
- Clay diyas
- Acrylic colors (red)
- Cone liners (gold)
- Varnish (optional)
- Color the diyas in red acrylic colors.
- Now make the designs with gold cone liners. I have applied the liner on the design which was already made on the diyas.
- And here your decorated earthen diyas are ready.
DIY-4 : Clay lotus flower candle holder
For me Deepavali decoration is incomplete without something handmade. So I made a lotus candle holder with mouldit clay.
For details of this craft refer to the below link:
For better understanding please check out below YouTube video of all the four crafts.
Hope, you have liked these festive art and craft ideas for Diwali decoration. All these are easy and simple to do.
So, what is your craft idea specially for this festive season? Do let me know in the comment box.
If you like the blog don’t forget to share it.
Wish you all a happy, healthy and safe Deepavali 🎆🎇✨🎈
Till my next blog..