This blog is the second part of the best out of waste with plastic bottles. Here I have made some planters from the waste plastic bottles. So, Whenever you have time, you can take up the work and it is super easy!!
This will give your room a nice green look and you can keep them anywhere, starting from your workstations to your dining table.
So, the question is,
How do you reuse waste plastic bottles?
You can also go through the first part of the blog for getting more ideas
In the present blog, I have described how to convert a plastic bottles into planters instead of throwing it away.
So go through the below DIY plastic bottle craft idea.
Things you need:
- Plastic bottles / containers
- Chalk paint
- Acrylic colors
- Cone liners
The chalk paint and Varnish I bought online from www.itsybitsy.in. These are water based, dry quickly and very easy to use.
So, once you have collected all the materials required for the DIY as described above, you can follow the simple steps I have mentioned below.
- First of all if the container or bottle is wrapped by paper, soak the container for at least 30mins in luke warm water with few drops of soap.
- After that remove the seal by rubbing it and clean it and pat dry.
- For this particular container, I have used chalk paint in the color whipped seafoam as a base. Use 2-3 coats. Let it dry for few hours.
- I have used a sponge instead of brush. Sponge gives a textured finish which looks very nice.
- Then draw the design of your choice and color it.let it dry again for few hours.
- Lastly give a thin coat of varnish which will make it durable and water resistance.
- Since I am using planter with soil, made a drainage hole at the bottom.
- So, that it.. your best out of waste work is ready.
- I have planted some of my favorite plants (three types of money plants and a spider plant) which are grown from my already existing plants. Hence the cost involved creating this craft is bare minimum.
For better understanding please check out below YouTube video of this craft.
Hope you liked the blog along with the video. Best out of waste with plastic bottles are super cool ideas to decorate your living space.
I would love to hear from you about your creative ideas on best out of waste. Do post your comments and your DIY plastic bottle crafts. Your suggestions and values are welcomed.
And don’t forget to share it in your social feeds.